About Prepared ✨
Prepared is building a safer, more transparent world for everyone. We believe that by unlocking the power of everyday technology we can transform the way individuals communicate during any emergency. Our team puts its people, mission, and values first. People who come to work at Prepared see a better future and want to build that future together.
Prepared is a startup backed by the early investors of Pinterest, SpaceX, Snapchat, Ring, and many others. We are looking for an entrepreneurial product designer to help drive the vision with our founding team from Yale, Intel, and Apple. This is a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly-growing social-impact startup and play a major role in improving public safety.
We believe in the power of everyday technology to transform the way we communicate during any emergency. Our product designers are tasked with crafting the emergency operating system of the future.
General responsibilities include:
- Consulting with 911 dispatch centers and first responders to understand their value and usability outcomes
- Working with product management to conduct continuous usability discovery, research experiments and testing
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, and application prototypes to help cross-functional stakeholders like engineering and product understand how to deliver new functionality
- Analyzing user feedback and analytics, and iterating to enhance the user experience
- Creating graphics and materials as needed to help with branding
- 3+ years of experience working in the B2B tech industry as a UI/UX designer
- Experience creating storyboards/prototypes with AdobeXD, Figma, or equivalent
- Experience creating general graphics in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ego-less and humble, entrepreneurial to-the-bone
- Understands the complexities of technical development
- Experience working with high-velocity product and engineering teams in a startup environment
- Experience working with public safety clients
- Experience delivering UX/UI initiatives for a non-technical set of users
Our Design Stack 🥞